March 8 Daily Announcements
March 8, 2018
- Next Tuesday is Jersey Day. Wear any jersey from any team for extra house points. The winning team will receive an extra 500 points!!!
- Leadership will meet Tuesday, March 13 at lunch in Room 301. The coordinator of the Nelson Youth Action Network will be joining us. Bring your lunch! See you there.
- Ab-Ed students looking for an application form for MetisNationBC citizenship are asked to see Mr. Yasinchuk in the Library.
- Freedom to Read Week is over, but we still want to hear from you. Drop by the library before spring break and add your initials to any of the books on the banned book list that you have read. See either Mrs. Markin or Mr. Yasinchuk for more details.
- Outdoor Rec will be snowshoeing at Silverking today. Please come prepared.
- LGBTQIA+ Movie Night will be happening at the Youth Centre on March 15 from 5-7pm. It is free and there will be food there!
- Due to ski days and Pro-d days, SAGA’s next meeting will be at lunch on Friday, April 6.
- The library no longer permits personal digital devices like smartphones, Ipads, Gameboys, etc. at morning break or lunch. Please leave your device in your locker or place in the red Tech-No bin at the circulation desk. Students found using their devices will be asked to leave the library. There are plenty of board games, decks of cards, and books available to pass the time. Feel Free to ask library staff for help! Thanks for your cooperation.
- Trafalgar Olympics has been postponed until after spring break.
- Parent-Son Book Club March 8, 5-6:30pm at the Nelson Public Library. Ages 11-16. Come eat pizza and chat with us about great books! We will be reading Sea Change by Frank Viva. Copies are available at the circulation desk.
- Imagination meets technology at the 2018 RoboGames. Registration is now open to all youth ages 6 to 18 for this GLOWS event. It is time to get ready for a robot competition that’s fun, free spirited and full of prizes. This year’s event is April 28 at the Selkirk College Castlegar campus. Go to www.selkirk.ca/robogames to get started.
- Intramural Volleyball Wednesday’s at lunch. See Mrs. Proctor to sign your team up. Open to all levels and grades.
- Please replenish your child’s school supplies if needed. Pencils are particularly in short supply.
- If you and your child are planning to change schools for the 2018-19 school year, you must complete a transfer form (this does not include grade 8 students going to LVR). Transfer forms may be downloaded off the SD8 website or picked up at our office. All transfer forms must be received by March 29 at 4:00 pm in order to ensure your child has a seat at their school of choice next year. Students who have submitted transfer forms received after this date will be “WAIT LISTED” until September 7, 2018.
- Log onto our school website http://trafalgar.sd8.bc.ca/ for updates and the latest information. Follow us on Twitter @TrafalgarMiddle. Remember to check our online school calendar. We’re also now on Facebook and Instagram. Just search for Trafalgar Middle School.
- Here is PAC’s new email address email@example.com. Please send us an email if you would like to be included in group email notices for PAC.