February 13 Daily Announcements
- Outdoor Rec students are x-country skiing at Apex on Wednesday. Please come prepared in warm clothing and bring your own equipment if you have it.
- Congrats to Grade 8 student, Che Steffler! His poem, The Great River, will be published this spring as part of the Young Writers of Canada Contest! Che’s poem is one of a hundred poems selected from over 6000 submissions from all over Canada!
- Hey book lovers! Drop by the library and check out newly published books courtesy of the Nelson Public Library and Mr. Yas’ picks for February including The Secret Life of Bees, Fahrenheit 450 and more!!
- Winners of the Chinese New Year Coloring Contest are Emily Dickieson, Hailey Croston and Mdison Clark. Please see Ms. Markin.
- Nelson Library Book Loan is missing the following book: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Please return it ASAP.
- School dance February 28. Doors open at 5pm and dance starts at 5pm. $10 at the door. Dance will end at 8pm. Anyone who will be arriving after 6pm, please sign up on the late list in the office.
- Imagination meets technology at the 2018 RoboGames. Registration is now open to all youth ages 6 to 18 for this GLOWS event. It is time to get ready for a robot competition that’s fun, free spirited and full of prizes. This year’s event is April 28 at the Selkirk College Castlegar campus. Go to www.selkirk.ca/robogames to get started.
- Book Club members and wannabees. We are now reading The Outsiders for our next book. You can pick one up from Mme Machado or from the Trafalgar Library. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, February 27 at lunch. If you still haven’t turned in your copy of The Book Thief, please bring it to Mme Machado or to the Public Library.
- New Scholastic order forms are now in the Library. Please return order forms and payment to Ms. King (room 114) by February 14.
- If you and your child are planning to change schools for the 2018-19 school year, you must complete a transfer form (this does not include grade 8 students going to LVR). Transfer forms may be downloaded off the SD8 website or picked up at our office. All transfer forms must be received by March 29 at 4:00 pm in order to ensure your child has a seat at their school of choice next year. Students who have submitted transfer forms received after this date will be “WAIT LISTED” until September 7, 2018.
- Mother Goose on the Loose: Tuesday, 11am – 12pm, until February 27 at Trafalgar Middle School Library. Ages 0-5. Learn rhymes, songs and stories to share with your little one. Free drop-in!
- Log onto our school website http://trafalgar.sd8.bc.ca/ for updates and the latest information. Follow us on Twitter @TrafalgarMiddle. Remember to check our online school calendar. We’re also now on Facebook and Instagram. Just search for Trafalgar Middle School.
- Here is PAC’s new email address email@example.com. Please send us an email if you would like to be included in group email notices for PAC.